Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Copyright and The Reason We Produce Art

After today's class, I had an unsettling feeling about the Orphan Art Bill we discussed in class when talking about the "On The Rights of Molotov Man". I feel as though art is something that should be shared and that as artists, and as a community, we should be able to share with the community and the public in order to inspire and start conversation. I do not think artists should have to worry about getting credit for work and worry about the intent of their art, as I feel that we need to give credit where credit is deserved. Learning about this Orphan Bill really upset me. I feel as though many lazy people will take advantage of this bill and truly ruin the credibility of artists due to the incompetence of people and their improper use of the internet.

Here's a link I found on Google, http://www.publicknowledge.org/node/1537

I really liked this article because it gave a very simple definition of the bill and how the bill works. The language was easy to read and allowed me to feel as though I was a bit more knowledgeable about copyright. I believe that having a foundation of copyright and intellectual property will help me with our course. Learning about what is legal for image use in advertising is extremely important. I believe that being ethical is my first responsibility as a communicator and industry professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment