Friday, March 5, 2010

Disney Love

Michael Reidle’s article in Wednesday’s New York Post could not have come at a better time for our class. Riddle spilled the beans that Disney Theatrical Group is in the process of developing Dumbo: The Musical . What perfect timing to bring our conversation about Disney movies into the theatre medium.

I am a subscriber to the “house of mouse” and think that Walt Disney Company does truly produce quality family entertainment with very good educational resources. Since I am still in Face to Face Conference mode (http://www.nycaieroundtable.org/site_res_view_template.aspx?id=87327ae2-7eab-4700-b154-f80b5bf5d3c0) got me thinking about how we can use media to educate the consumer about Disney.

And then, my friend Emily, put this link on facebook…http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/disney/wakingsleepingbeauty/

WAKING SLEEPING BEAUTY! A behind the scenes of THE MOVIES THAT CHANGED THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY…FOREVER! Majority of the movies we discussed in class are mentioned in this trailer for the documentary.

I think it’s a pretty brilliant scheme for Disney to release this documentary because now, the world can see a view of the animators and see the passion that they hold in their hearts for the magic. I know, it’s corny, and my strong devotion to the mouse is rather stranger. I admit that. But, I cannot help to think about how Disney shaped my personality and me gave me a small piece of my moral foundation.

I believe in true love, I believe in family, and I believe that there should enough magic in the world for every person to believe dreams do come true. Okay, again, another statement that I am sure I will regret posting. But, in all seriousness, I think that this week’s class was truly important to start building our aesthetic as media critics, be it for any medium of media. Understanding what makes your fire light and burn in this industry is extremely crucial in order to be happy with your career path and choices.

While class did upset me a bit, it really was a fantastic experience to feel confirmed about my choices and my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment