Friday, April 9, 2010

Bravo TV

Before I begin, I want to admit- I am the biggest fan of Bravo! I love the reality shows they produce such as The Real Housewives of New York City, Millionaire Matchmaker, The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Million Dollar Listings, My Life on the D List, and really, almost anything that the channel is airing. What can I say? I love Jill Zarin and her fantastic life. I find Patti Stanger fascinating and her show inspiring. Now, I must also admit, that I know I am an "educated consumer" of Bravo TV. I know that the stereotypes and the dramas are ampped in order to create quality television. If it weren't for my fortunate and fantastic education, things might be a little different.

One show that I love to poke fun at, is Million Dollar Listing the three extremely successful and laughable male real estate agents through their trials, tribulations, showings, and closings. We follow Josh Flagg, Madison Hildebrand, and Chad Rogers as they schmooze, socialize, and claw their way to the top in the extremely high end, high pressure, and highly difficult real estate business. And we do so by feeding into every single male stereotype possible!

Let's take a look!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJiNWGr1EhE


What I love about this show is that we are able to examine a stereotype so easily. Bravo has made it extremely easy for viewers to be create his or her own opinions that the show has helped to define. I think Bravo is also great about laughing at the stereotypes that their shows feed into by keeping majority of the material aired light and yet still sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment